Saturday, November 19, 2011

Our Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner


To make a long story short:

Stuart + friend Andy + cousin Lewis = good friends at school
Stuart + free turkey as a gift from his job + big dining table given to us
= who to invite for a traditional dinner

Me+ love of decorating = An excuse to pick up a new project
$1 Gold chargers + $1 Purple plates + 50% fabric at Joanns = SCORE!
Handmade cloth napkins, place mats & table runner - sewing machine that wanted to work
= last minute hot glueing table runner (Didn't look AS tacky as it sounds)

We had the Ashford family and a couple of Stuart's cousins over for a Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner.
It was so funny to hear/see them get excited and try to plan it. haha
This was Stuart's first year making a turkey and it turned out great!
I was so proud (even if I was too grossed out to eat it)
Although, after the dinner we felt guilty that we were having a Pre-Thanksgiving dinner when there are some out there who don't get any at all. So we vowed to donate our turkey next year.

I have to be honest. Thanksgiving is not one of my favorite holidays.
Not really keen on traditional Thanksgiving foods and seeing as the holiday is geared towards stuffing yourself with them.... you get the picture.
I'm not much of a fall colors person either
(although I liked my choice of gold and purples this year with only accents of Orange)

However what I DO like about Thanksgiving is being around family and I LOVE that we still have a holiday to help us "remember" to be grateful.
I am so grateful for family! All of our family and the love and support we are given from them.
I am SO grateful for our health and safety.
It's something that I try to never take for grantid as a mom. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday and pretty much beg that we may continue to have it.

I am so grateful for our home. Ok, it's an apartment. But it's perfect for us.
I dream about the big house I'd like one day but am always so grateful for our apartment now.
(The lightness, light/cleanish carpets, dishwasher, washer dryer hook ups, and storage all help too of course)
I'm so grateful that we have been blessed enough to continue working towards our future. Stuart has a great job that allows him to go to school full time and support us. As hard as it may be on both of us, we are so grateful that I am able to be home with Kohen as a full time Mommy.
I am so grateful for Stuart and the intelligent, hard working, loving person he is.

Although I'm grateful for much much more,
I'm sure you'd be grateful if I'd leave it at that.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving this week!



1 comment:

  1. I think you got your mom's creative talents- lucky you! Looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete